Saturday, September 11, 2010

Cloud Cult Tour 2010 Northfield MN @ The Lions Den


Well we (Cloud Cult) are on the road again and I am really looking forward to painting on stage each night and to the audacious experiences that touring offers.

Tonight is the first night of my new easel ME2010. I have spent the last several weeks designing and fabricating this stage easel in the garage with my brother-in-law Joe. After several long nights grinding, drilling, welding, and filing this easel gets it's maiden voyage. The easel is designed specifically for my stage performance and yes it even has disc brakes! Thanks Joe for all of your hard work on this project.

This is a shot of the easel from the back. As you can see this is no ordinary easel.

The tray is designed that the paint will not fall on to the stage floor. This is a issue I had in the past due to excessive jumping, singing, and dancing to the music. As you know if you have been to a Cloud Cult show you just can't help yourself.

Arlen taking some much needed down time before the show. He also drums for the opener tonight so rest well my friend. We are lucky to have Arlen on the Cloud Cult crew. He gives everything to the show and the results are nothing short of amazing.

Sarah E. warming up in the green room before the show. Sarah is the latest addition to Cloud Cult. The french horn is one of my favorite instruments and Sarah being a multi instrumentalist ( piano, trumpet, vocals, accordion, & french horn!) adds a wonderful depth to the music. Again this Cloud Cult crew is a gifted bunch!

Shawn Neary warming up on the acoustic in the greenroom. Another amazingly gifted singer, songwriter, & multi instrumentalist. Not to mention one of the kindest people you will ever meet.

As they appear
36 x 48"
Acrylic on Canvas

This is a shot of the painting after the show. These paintings are taking a new turn in my progression. Feel free to comment and let me know what you think of the new works.

A shot of the crowd right before the opening chords of the show. Thank you Northfield for such a wonderful show. It was a honer to perform with you. The energy that night was a gift.

3 comments:

  1. Scott, the new easel is absolutely incredible. I heard nothing but amazing things about the Northfield show, and I watched a clip of your ROTATING EASEL. That thing is incredible, a work of genius, really. Really fun stuff. And of, course, your work is beautiful. :) Have fun on tour!!
    -Alexa Earlywine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! The new easel totally took me by surprise, and I can't wait to see it first hand. Great progression in your art, I wish I was there to watch it all come together.

    -Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! Does your easel rotate? Always want to have one I can spin! Have a incredible and safe tour! See you at 1st Avenue!

    ReplyDelete